Wednesday, August 17

Miracles and Sunday Music

Ok, so I've found this biodegradable range of household cleaners (non-animate). The company has been going in South Africa since 1969 and their major product is a "miracle multi-purpose cleaner", but I didn't let these two things put me off. The distributor came to see me yesterday, slightly against my will, you know what I'm like about marketing... and most of my questions stumped her. She came to explain to me the economy of the stuff, but I wanted to know how it was "kind to the environment". I was suitably impressed by some of their products (on an economy basis, their windolene-equivalent works out to 38c/500ml), but her Product Knowledge File didn't answer my questions, like: if the stuff kills all germs dead, then how can it be biodegradable? Doesn't biodegradable mean that the germs can kill the chemicals in the cleaner? Anyway, I've photocopied the relevant portions of her Product Knowledge File, and might have to wait until their website is launched, where there will be more Product Knowledge. I'll probably give some of their products a try, see if helps the bugs to survive in our conservancy tank, thus reducing the number of times we need to call the honeysucker... And wait expectantly for miracles.
Something that made me think, though... Much of what we put into the conservancy tank is product that we won't choose to change. Like Pantene 2-in-1, Dove soap, Nivea shaving gel (for sensitive skin) and JnJ Camomile baby wash (we're too scared to change this, as from 6 weeks the boys' routine was set!) The biodegradable range is hellish expensive, and I just can't see myself using anything but Pantene. *SIGH* A little bit is better than nothing, though, eh?
And an aside... I finally let Jack Johnson off repeat in my car, and was surprised by the next CD in the shuttle: Counting Crows (Hard Candy). Gareth and I call this "Sunday Music" cos we used to listen to it on a Sunday morning, and because the first song on the CD starts with "On certain Sundays in November..." I just love good music and good lyrics:
"Time expands and then contracts
When you are spinning
In the grips of someone
Who is not an ordinary girl"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, not-an-ordinary-girl ;-)
Cool runnings (over the keyboard) this morning, Chicks!
I'd be interested to know which Co. you managed to find the bio-stuff with ... was it GNLD?
If not, maybe give them a shout, too. It was only after I started reading, that I remembered about their 'G-1' washing powder (biodeg) & also um - can't remember the all-purpose cleaner (I promise: no 'miracle' in any of the lables!! :-D).
Oh - and they do have a website: www.gnld.com (dunno how to link that yet ... you'll have to send me the text htmlwhateverstuffthingie.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
H

Heidi said...

I NEED A FIX!!!
:-D
lol
Having a cuppa & looking for your soapbox/thoughts on life/solving the world's crises/you ...
Hugs,
H
PS - How was Dr Seuss? I mean, B?