I love travelling. I just love seeing a beautiful place for the first time. I love planning the trip (ultra-Virgo style, all the details, maps, books). I love reading my journals and looking at the photos and remembering. Some of the beautiful places from our trip to Indonesia include: Lake Toba (Sumatra), Borobadur (Java), Lake Kelimutu (Flores), so many more... OK, agreed, sometimes the actual travelling can be exhausting, frustrating, hot. But you quickly forget those things (pretty much like childbirth, you forget the bad stuff).
So here we are, planning our next trip. WE'RE GOING TO AUSTRALIA. There. It's out there. We've been swinging back and forth between ja... um... nope... um... ja. Well, the pendulum's stopped at ja, and we're going. Today I read this beautiful quote in Stacy Julian's blog (seen it before somewhere, and it's kinda a mantra I'd love to live by):
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour, catch the trade winds in your sails.
EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER (I think it's Mark Twain)
And it's totally confirmed our decision to go. And now I'm excited. We have so much to do... Least of all to get passports for all three boys. Not a small exercise for South African administration (can you guess the words I can't spell?) We need to get together a huge amount of money (access bond, beware!) and I need to work on my " I don't think I can cope with 3 boys on the road" attitude. Perhaps some practice is in order. All and any advice about travelling with young children will be gratefully received (Schonkens? Adlards?)
2 comments:
HI Ker
Not sure if you are getting my mails? Sent pics of cocktail party and invite,hope you got them.
Exellent news about going to Oz...you are goingtolove it...rock on...
Thinking about you and lovr you lots
Em XXX
Whoo - hoo .........
Yay for you guys!!!!!!!
Post a Comment