Thursday, August 4

"it's always better when we're together"

I really don't have time for this, but what the hell... while it's still fresh. I've been listening to Jack Johnson (or is it John Jackson?) in the car, and the first song is pretty awesome. Made me think about the amazing man I have as a husband...
A couple of Saturdays ago, we were chatting with a v good friend of my mom's and her sister (friend's sister). Her sister is pretty "old school" and kept on at me: "How DO you cope with twins?" & "How on EARTH are you going to cope with twins and a new one?" etc. I got rather annoyed... Mostly because it's not about me. And totally invalidates Gareth's role as a father (in our sense of the role, rather than hers.)
How do WE cope? We cope cos we're sensitive to each other's needs. We know when one of us has totally had enough and needs some time & space. In the last few months, I've needed more space than he has, and he's totally risen to the occasion. I get to drink tea in front of Oprah a couple of times a week. I get to park off while he's bathing the boys. I get tea in the mornings while he's dressing the boys. I'm really not boasting... I'm just publicly saying how much I appreciate him.
We'll manage "3 under the age of 3", because we're a team. And because, somewhere, in between, we're together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna 'BLING' award you guys on 5FM today!!
:-D
LOL

Anonymous said...

What you wrote today was totally amazing, I have crocodile tears.... not sure why, maybe just out of happiness for you and all that you stand for. Am proud to be your sister.
Em X X

Anonymous said...

Its such a great album by Jack Johnson.. his words really ring true. I have had it on repeat in my house for the last week or so, it makes me feel happy!!

Anonymous said...

Oprah? OPRAH?! Oh dear Kerry ...